November 29, 2011

Dating Tip? Wear RED


Our wedding, January 2010
StyleMePretty.com

Red has long been my favorite color. I love the rich, deep, warm scarlet tones. When I told my mother I would have gold tones with red as an accent color at my wedding she seemed confused. "Like at a Chinese wedding?"

Uh... not exactly. (You tell me. Did I hit the mark with this?) 

Little did I know I was decorating my reception with the color that naturally triggers lust and love. I guess it makes sense, since we "paint the town red" during the most loving times of the year: Valentine's Day and Christmas.

So...

This holiday season, if you're looking for love, maybe you just need to add a little color to your wardrobe. Just like bulls and vampires, apparently humans are also naturally lured by the color red. Studies have shown that men and women have physioogical reactions to the color. So it could be worth a shot - when all else fails, wear red. 
According to eFlirtExpert, "Psychological studies find that red is a stimulant for men, boosting arousal levels and their desire to chase." That makes sense. After all, red has long been the color of passion, power, seduction.

But it's not just men attracted to red, women love it too. Recently, a study in the Journal of Experimental Psychology said that, "...in the United States, England, Germany and China, women found men more appealing when they were either pictured wearing red or framed in red, compared with other colors."

And that means guys can even don an Alvin and the Chipmunks t-shirt and look hotter. For real.

"Women in a follow-up study perceived men wearing red T-shirts to be significantly more likely to be high in status than men wearing blue T-shirts, in addition to the men in red seeming more generally and sexually attractive."




This is actually a natural attraction, particularly with primates. Red is typically found on the alpha male. And when female chimpanzees and orangutans are approaching ovulation, they appear a bit more blushed. So ladies, grab that Jessica Rabbit dress or sass up those lips. 'Tis the season of red, so go bold. And boys, get those Santa hats. After all, that guy gets love from all the ladies this season. You hear me?


photo source 12, 3

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...