Okay, I can't take credit for the clever title. But it's cute, right?
You can thank Paddi Rice for the inspiration, who's the Matchmaker-in-Chief at Executive Search Dating in Vancouver, BC. She says, "The holiday season is THE 'perfect storm' of good tidings for local singles. Firstly, its peak season for parties of every shape and size; plus everyone is in a friendly mood and open to meeting new people."
Here are her Five Ways to Get a Date This Season:
1. More Santa less Scrooge: holi-dating success begins with a positive attitude. Be jolly, and practice saying 'Merry Christmas' to new people. It's the best approach line of the year!
2. Carve out some time for yourself: don't fill up your holiday calendar with just family and work events; make some time to attend events where you are likely to meet some NEW people too.
3. Join in all the reindeer games: Christmas parties tend to bring out a wider variety of singles than you might otherwise meet. Tag along to a friend's Christmas event and ask them to introduce you to some interesting and well connected people.
4. Be the Christmas party you wish to attend: invite some friends to your place, and ask them to bring some single friends... house parties are one of THE best ways to meet new people in Vancouver.
5. Meet in December, date in January: making new connections in December is fun, but trying to arrange a date can be challenging. Plan your first date in January, which will give you both something to be excited about after the holiday season is over.
Okay, and if all else fails and your year ends with a suckfest like mine did in 2008, just kick off the new year with a dating challenge! Still my best new year's resolution yet!