Apparently, silence is golden in the Golden Years.
Another study from the UK says that a couple married for 50 years will chat for only THREE MINUTES during an entire hour-long dinner. That means 57 minutes of silence while mushing on the early-bird special. Married with little kids? Those parents only chat 10 minutes during dinner. And those Brits who seem to get to know each other best are those who seem to be the most chatty.
A) A blow out party of the century or a low key affair with closest friends.
B) A casual outdoor soiree or a catered gourmet extravaganza.
C) What music would be your partner’s preference, a DJ or live band?
2. If you were to choose your partner’s career, what would they rather be?
A) Nine to five desk job with little or no responsibility.
B) A Creative role in a ground-breaking industry
C) A management role where they can exercise their leadership skills.
3. It’s your partner’s birthday, what gift would they love to receive?
A) Tickets to a sporting event or concert.
B) A shopping spree at their favorite store
C) The latest and greatest electronic gadget.
4. You are in charge of planning your sweetheart’s dream vacation. You plan…
A) A relaxing island getaway with plenty of little umbrella drinks
B) An extreme sports adventure chock full of adrenaline
C) A historical city tour complete with walking guide and map
5. It’s movie night and your lover put you in charge of choosing a movie. You choose…
A) An action flick…explosions and fight scenes rule!
B) Romantic comedy…hint hint
C) Scary…you like an excuse to cuddle up
6. Although it may be early, you begin to make retirement plans. Your partner would…
A) Back pack around Europe for the next year
B) Watch TV for the rest of their life
C) Volunteer or take up a new hobby together
7. If your partner went back to school, what would they study?
A) History or sociology
B) Mathematics or accounting
C) Science and technology
8. You surprise your lover with a new dog. You bring them home a…
A) A teacup pup….the yappier the better
B) A giant couch potato
C) A workout buddy
9. If your partner won the lottery, they would…
A) Blow it all on expensive toys
B) Invest it wisely and continue to work
C) Splurge a bit and pay off some bills
10. What romantic gesture would your partner most appreciate?
A) Sunset walk on the beach with your favorite bottle
B) A love letter, poem, or card
C) Arrange to do their favorite, but your least favorite activity
HOW MANY DID YOU GET CORRECT? Share your answer on the blogpoll!
photo source: 1