November 11, 2011

11/11/11

When I was a kid I would see the numbers 11:11 on a clock and make a wish. Who am I kidding? I STILL do this!
Do you make wishes on palindromes? Today at 11:11 on 11/11/11, I sat in the empty living room of our new place and had a Zen moment of thanks and meditation. Just a quiet moment to be grateful for everything I have (and don't have) and to remember that things tend to work out for the best. I guess it makes sense that today is also Veterans Day. Moments like that keep me in check.

Can you tell my husband's trying to keep cool?
Okay, so speaking of Palindromes, it makes me think of a song by one of my husband's most favorite comedic inspirations: Weird Al Yankovic. The song, B-O-B, is written with palindromes, in the tune of Bob Dylan. (My favorite line: "go hang a salami, I'm a lasagna hog.")
We met Al a year or so ago here in Los Angeles. I'd never seen my husband starstruck before, but I swore he was about to pee his pants talking with Mr. Weird.
"Mr. Yankovic," I said, "my husband says he listened to all your songs growing up, so I guess I have you to blame for his sense of humor."
"I'm so sorry!" he said, shaking his head.

Tomorrow night, we'll go see Mr. Yankovic in concert at the Pantages Theatre. Yes, this is going to count as our big date night this week. What kind of dates will you have this weekend? And how are you celebrating this palindromic day?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...