May 27, 2012

Dare to Date ~ Inspiration in the Mountains

Go Azure!
Check out the latest Daring Dater - a woman who dove into her "20 First Dates" project within a few days of finishing my book, 31 Dates in 31 Days.

Meet Azure.
She's from Salt Lake City and has already gone on 16 first dates in the past few weeks and hopes to go on 20 by the end of the month.

Azure has been the most tenacious person so far to contact me about hosting her own dating project. She took a burst of inspiration and went with it - full force!
Apparently, she'd spent an evening listening to her married church leaders tell their "how we met" stories. The leaders reminded her and the other singles in the crowd to enjoy their single days. She felt inspired to do something.
Here's her story:
Azure ~ Going on 20 First Dates in May
As I left that night's activity, feeling anxious about the ups and downs of another evening of socializing with singles, I felt like I needed to read the book 31 Dates in 31 Days. In it Tamara describes her experiences with creating and living her own dating project. As I finished reading about all of the things she learned and the ways she grew, I realized I needed to do this too. So, I emailed Tamara, the author, and asked for her Dating Boot Camp Starter Kit.

Okay, so here's the thing. Usually, someone will contact me about changing their dating habits, beginning their own dating project, or they'll have some general relationship inquiries. Sometimes people disappear for a while, only to return contact a few weeks later to let me know "I'm READY."

But Azure, on the other hand, pushed forward with immediacy. NO hesitation! She was determined to date differently. In fact, a couple weeks had quickly passed before we connected once again and she'd ALREADY been well into her project!
I couldn't be more proud of her! Such guts!
When we spoke via Skype a few days ago, she seemed in a peaceful, open, and loving state of mind (also... understandably tired after weeks of constant dating!). She has just a few more days to go for the end of this adventure, but I have a feeling her calendar will continue to be booked once June comes along!
You can read about Azure's adventures and honest insights here.
Congrats Azure! Keep up the great work!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...