February 3, 2012

14 Days of Valentines - DAY 3



TODAY'S DATE IDEA:  MAKE 'EM LAUGH

The Comedy Store on the Sunset Strip
Tonight we headed to The Comedy Store, one of L.A.'s premier comedy clubs. You don't have to live in a big city to go watch some standup. You also don't need to spend a lot of money.

Typically most comedy clubs charge around $10 just to get in the door, plus a two drink minimum. You can cut costs by finding your way onto "the list," bypassing your entry fee. You don't have to be famous to get on "the list" (although you might feel that way when you arrive!). I tracked down free entry to the comedy store by doing a quick online search for free tickets. Easy peasy.
Total cost for the whole night was just over $20.

Keep in mind similar options too: an open mic night, a poetry slam, a storytelling competition, or even consider grabbing the microphone yourself for karaoke night.


As for the rest of my "Day 3" of the 14 Days of Valentines, I spent my afternoon meeting with my new friend, Maureen, who's a fun, adventurous, and kicking off her own version of my 31 Dates in 31 Days project in southern California. She contacted me recently and was eager to take on my dating challenge.  She still has some spots available on her calendar. Send me an email if you know any guys who are up for a fun date in the next couple of weeks - or if you're interested in starting your own challenge!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...