May 11, 2011

Even more 31 Dates DIYers!

One more daring dater takes on a 31-Dates style project! This time, the lucky person is Brooke Ryan, an on-air personality at my hometown radio station, Washington DC's Mix 107.3. Wishing her the best of luck on her journey!
This is her second stab at the project. Can you believe it? What endurance!

There have been so many unexpected love stories from this (including my own!), and I'm so excited one more person is throwing herself into the project. Okay, so it's not like the point of my project was to find a dude (my whole hope was to get over heartache and to - oddly enough - somehow get over guys), but how fun is it that a silly project can change perspective and help lead a person to someone so awesome?

And I'm not the only one who's ended up with a permanent partner. Remember Janelle? She and Josh (aka. "Date 31" of her project) got married a couple months ago. So awesome. Janelle wasn't so sure how her project would end up, and I love how she was over-the-top surprised when she and Josh ended up together.

After I started my project in 2009, my good friend, John Canzano used his radio show, The Bald-Faced Truth on Portland, Oregon's 95.5FM to set up his buddy Kevin on 5 dates in 5 days. Among the lucky ladies Kevin was hooked up with was Deb Blake, a hot single mom (who happens to be big sis to Lakers' guard Steve Blake). Kevin was just looking for a date for Valentine's Day.  But when I finally met Deb in person last Summer, she announced that she and Kevin are engaged to be wed! Can't wait for their nuptials this Fall!

Also on the list of married couples is the daring Mormon Bachelorette, Aubrey and her handsome new husband, Matt. (How cute are they?!) Aubrey was the very first Mormon Bachelorette, which is a mix of the famous Bachelor tv show and my 31 Dates project, plus a whole bunch of single Mormons. You can watch the journeys of the bachelors and bachelorettes online in a series of well-produced webisodes. At the helm is hottie executive producer, Erin Elton, who's in the midst of the search for the very next bachelorette.  Good luck to the lucky lady chosen!

And just because I feel like it, here's a picture of me and my sweet husband, post-engagement, in New York.  I love that picture, courtesy of my sister-in-law, Malia Johnson.

For those of you continuing your own dating adventures these days, keep having fun and don't give up hope! There is so much fun to be had! I truly believe every person we come across can teach us something, so thank you to each of you for the great lessons you've taught me so far in life.

Good luck Brooke on your journey!  Hope the second time around is just as fun as the first!

photo sources 1, 2, 3

1 comment:

Michal said...

You trendsetter and cupid rolled into one! Look at all these marriages that have come because of 31 dates in 31 days, including yours!

Can't wait for that book!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...