November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving!
What were you most thankful for this year? The feast? The family and friends? Traditions?

This was my first year spending Thanksgiving with my new in-laws. I married into a big family filled with lots of great cooks. This holiday was made for them. I'm not much of a cook, but I'm a fan of good food and my new family members, so it all works out well.

Holidays can be great. They can also be stressful. From the travel, the preparation, and even the fun times with family and friends, holiday events can be overwhelming. Typically, this is known as the "most wonderful time of the year," but it's also the time when many of us are feeling our worst. So as we come into this holiday season, how are you coping with the stress that's coming your way?
This year I'm trying to think of things a little differently than I have in the past. I've been focusing on being more thankful throughout the month, and I've noticed a boost attitude. It makes sense that we begin this busy holiday season with Thanksgiving and end it with a chance to start of a new year with new hopes. My personal goal this holiday season is to continue focusing on the things that make me happy and grateful and to avoid getting caught up in the minutia that drives me crazy.

How do you survive the holidays?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...