June 11, 2012

New York City Welcomes Me

If you're in the city, I have a book event tonight at the Columbia Barnes and Noble (115th and Broadway) at 6pm. Come! We'll talk about the secrets to a great first date, what to do when the conversation dies, and of course, my book 31 Dates in 31 Days.

I've been back in New York City for a few days and have already had a few blunders.
First, my body is apparently feeling the three hour jetlag and I can't help but sleep ALL THE TIME.
Next, I begrudgingly accompanied my friend Kat to see Ghost, the musical. The most entertaining part of the show was when we met some of her friends in the cast during intermission. Upon my way back to my seat, my five-inch heel got caught on the stair and I took a nosedive in the midst of the Lunt-Fontanne Theatre. Awesome.
And this morning I woke up late. Because my phone is DEAD. Not the world's best start to a work/vacation trip.

But even in spite of the snafus, what makes all these trips worth it is not just the fantastic vibe of the city, but also that I get to see some of the best friends I've ever made. By chance, a lot of my friends who moved away are back in town this week. Plus I get to see those who've stayed. Life is great. Plus, I've had this song running through my head all weekend:

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...