January 16, 2012

Happy Anniversary!

Today's a big anniversary day for me.

Three years ago I was on Date #2 of my "31 Dates in 31 Days" Project.

See that picture? It was taken on January 16th, 2009. That guy in the picture is Joel. We'd gone to a dance recital in the Lower East Side of Manhattan. Even though I'd known Joel already, I was really nervous. I'd just begun my project. Not to mention, a lot of people we knew would also be at the recital, including Joel's parents. We managed to say hello to a few friends before heading out into the near-zero-degree weather and strolled across the Brooklyn Bridge. And those were among the first steps I took that helped change my attitude about - well, everything. Love, dating, men. I'm so grateful for those days.

As for Joel, he's now married!

In fact, seven of the guys I met during the 2009 project are hitched. Of course, including my husband.

And today is my two year wedding anniversary. Yay!

I love this time of year when I can re-live all the good stuff.


Wanna' re-live my project with me? Check out the book!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...