October 15, 2009

{A Follow-Up}

So where did we leave off?

Oh yes.
Last you heard, I had just finished my whirlwind, life-changing adventure. I had gone out on Date #31 with this guy, Evan. You remember him, right?

Well.
Since then, I've been writing the book version of my story, 31 Dates in 31 Days. I've also been giving myself some breathing room, enjoying New York City, travelling... and most of that has been with Evan. We've been having a lot of fun!
In the last eight months, we've travelled to DC, Philadelphia, L.A., Sacramento, Seattle, Portland, and just last weekend we were in New Hampshire. That's where he gave me this:


Haha!!!! Yes! I'm serious! Evan and I are ENGAGED!

We haven't set a date yet, but it will be soon (as in December or January)!

I've been lucky to become friends with the other 29 guys I met (one is even Evan's roommate now and another was on vacation with us when we got engaged!).
It's funny. I'm sure all the guys who went out with me probably just see me as this chick they took out once for a few hours. But to me, they each hold this magnificent, special place in my soul as a teacher and friend. It's pretty remarkable and I will forever be grateful for my 31 Dates.

I'm nearing the finish line on my book (still no publisher, so please keep your fingers crossed for me!), which has been a learning experience in itself! What an incredible happy ending to the story, right?

So in the next couple months I'll be planning a wedding and finishing the manuscript! Wow! Too fun!
Thank you so much for being part of my fun adventure! I started out looking to learn something (anything!) and not only ended up changing my perspective on love and life -- I also met the man of my dreams! From cynic-of-love to fiancee... Can you believe it?
Neither can I!

8 comments:

mom said...

WOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOO!! I am sooooooooo happy for you both!! Looking forward to meeting Evan.

Danielle Hawes said...

This makes my heart happy!! Congratulations!!! I will be sure to tell Ryan!

Myrna said...

31 little tears blurring my vision. Thanks for the post and I look forward to the book. Can't wait for the movie.

suvi said...

Wohoo! Congratulations! That is fantastic news and you are an inspiration to all the lovely ladies (especially here in nyc who know you) to not give up hope on this whole dating thing. All the best and happiness to you both!

suvi said...

also, in reading your post I realized that you had gone out with evan's new roommate that i can currently dating. what a funny small world.

and, good luck with the book!

Natasha and Jesse said...

Congratulations!! How exciting!

janelle said...

Congratulations!!!! :) Yipee!!!

Very Zaneta said...

Looking forward to the book. You are my hero!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...